Friday, November 02, 2007

Our Halloween

We had a fabulous Halloween. Our pictures don't really prove it, but it was such a fun year for the kids. Lily was a beautiful Princess Aurora, (Sleeping Beauty) and Beau was a crime fighting police man, keeping our city safe. He was complete with ticket pad, whistle, radio and badge. (He was sad to not have a gun). We drove over to Proctor when Kyle got home from work and hit the candy parade over there. It was so fun to fill the buckets and get to see the whole community in costume. People are so creative! Then we came home and did a little trick or treating around our house. When we were done a few of our nieghbors joined us for some chili and caramel cheesecake bars. It was so, so fun. I honestly had just not been looking forward to it. I was sure no one would come and all I wanted to do was curl up on the couch with my family and watch the great pumpkin. But as we sat around our kitchen table talking and laughing and sharing stories I just felt so much joy that these were people we could share our lives with and be community with. What a privledge. I don't even really know how to put it into words, but I'm so thankful that we're where we're at this neighborhood and this street is so precious to us. So here's the pictures of the night.

Posing outside of the Blue Mouse Theatre with, the Blue Mouse! (Lily really is happy to be there)
Watching Charlie Brown and enjoying their booty.


And here is the picture that made the whole night worth it:




Cheeseball Beau posing with a real Tacoma Police Officer. Thank you Officer Johnson! (You really should click on the pic to get the whole effect)

1 comment:

Valerie said...

Sounds like you all had a great Halloween! Lily and I have something in common! I was hoping for an excuse to dress up as Maleficent this year! maybe next year...