Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Last Day of Kindergarten

Wow! Where did the year go. I'm just kind of shocked that we're on summer vacation. It didn't really hit me until last week, but we're ready now to start soaking it up.

Walking to school for the last time this year. (Notice Beau's wearing a winter coat ... how sad is that!)

Lily is by far the smallest in her class. Sorry for the short genes!
We really could not have been more pleased with this year. We adore Grant, what a wonderful school for our family. It was so fun to see the arts incorporated into every aspect of learning. I can't wait to see that more and more as she gets older. The oppurtunities for extra activities was so great. Ballet, Dance with her class, Drama, Art, KE, plus library time and recess. I'm so excited for all day next year and glad that Beau will be there the next year. Sweet Lily is reading and socializing and asking questions and making friends and counting and all kinds of things I couldn't have imagined a year ago.

4 comments:

Valerie said...

Congratulations Lily (and Mommy & Daddy!) First grade - WOW!!!

Megan said...

I can't believe Lily is a first grader! They grow up so fast!

gran family said...

Jamie; I hate to admit it but I think we are getting old. Our babies just finished Kindergarten, and it IS 2008... which means our reunion is next year. sigh.
Lily is so cute and sweet. :) I'm happy you guys had such a great experience with school this year.

Megan said...

Hope you are all doing well! Trying to enjoy what's left of summer and getting ready for school, I'm sure. We are as well. I can't wait for preschool to start again!